This one is the best Visual novel game I ever played and unlike many others +18 games out there, this one doesn't throw a sex scene down your throat, instead it shows the characters, their personalities, their likes and etc, I completed all routes for this version and I can't wait for the new one
The Ramen Prince / Ramen no Oujisama [EVN, Dating, 18+]
[THIS GAME IS FOR 18+ AUDIENCES ONLY]
A STORY OF LIFE, LOVE, KINKS, AND RAMEN
DOWNLOAD AT BOTTOM
Looking for compelling stories coupled with great sexy action? We are BeerBrew and Sharkie of Studio Paper Waifu, and thanks for trying out our game, Ramen no Oujisama (or The Ramen Prince)!
This is a H-visual novel that chronicles the loves and tribulations of a young man who, thanks to a generous benefactor, is starting fresh in a new city and opening a new ramen restaurant. Along the way, he meets an eclectic cast of characters, and eventually must learn to juggle business with pleasure. Can he get the girl of his dreams?
UPDATE! THIS VERSION HAS A SPECIAL UNLOCKABLE OMAKE SCENARIO. CAN YOU UNLOCK IT?
HINT: YOU'LL NEED TO PLAY THROUGH THE TWO CHEF ROUTES IN A CERTAIN
WAY ;) THE REWARD IS SOMETHING A LOT OF OUR FANS HAS BEEN ASKING FOR!
- 10 planned playable waifu routes with their own unique personalities, stories, kinks, dynamism and interaction with you, the MC.
- 8 character routes currently available!
- Animated special scenes that are semi-interactive
- *Omake scenarios that expand on the stories in the form of short kinky skits, short stories, side stories, and maybe something right out our main character's dreams
- *Secret Codes to enhance the gameplay experience
- Available in multiple platforms (Windows, MacOSX, Linux, and Android)
- Great music!
- In active development!
*To be developed more later on when we're much closer to finishing up the main character routes.
The game is available for Windows, Mac OSX 10.6~10.8 and 10.9+, Linux, and Android devices. Please download your flavor of choice here or from our Patreon page:
Please don't use your old save games with this version as it may not be compatible.
Testing out HTML5 version with Itch.io. If you encounter nay problems, alternatively, you can play the game in your browser at NewGrounds or GameJolt:
This game is under ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT (consider it an alpha or early access release), and we are constantly bringing in more graphics, story, and sound assets as our vision evolves, so there's always good reason to replay a route for improvements and for extended storylines!
If you like our stuff, and want to see more games from us (or for more updates on this game), please support us on Patreon:
Your support means a lot to us! Please leave your comments below - we'd love to hear your thoughts about our game!
WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID...
"I won't lie, I was on the lookout for a f*ping game when I stumbled upon this VN ^^''. But, I found myself, 2 hour and half later, still playing, following the story, thinking thoroughly of each decision I was to make having the sake of the characters like prior thought. I find it formidable how it captivated me as quickly as it did( no expert but I liked the naration and the interactions). The music, which I found really pleasant just to listen even presently, as I write from the title screen, added to the quality of this great game althought, as already said, the moment of prolonged silence made me thinked my speekers were defectious ha ha. To finalize this critic/words of appreciation, call it as you may, I would like to thank you, BeerBrew and Sharkie from PaperWaifu Studio, you've made those 2 and a half hour very enjoyable and can't wait to see what's next. To the joy of seeing your futures release."
"The narrative is actually good. Is this real life?"
"Lots of potential and a great game. Such a nice and thoughtful story that really can touch a person. You even forget that this is an eroge in the process. Seriously this thing deserves to be greenlit. Anyway keep up the good work. Can't wait for the other girls and routes."
"Very nice demo, can't wait to see the next chapter!"
"I like long involved storylines and this one is certainly has the pagecount to qualify. :) Almost too long, as others have pointed out I was probably halfway through the game (demo,) and I was still seriously wondering why it had an "A" rating. I did find the storyline entertaining... who knew I could be interested in what makes a Ramen chef?"
Ramen no Oujisama story, character concepts, and character artwork by BeerBrew and Sharkie. We have acquired appropriate licenses for game assets where applicable. Assets with Creative Commons 0 (public domain, no attribution needed) license used. Fonts with SIL Open Font License also used.
GAME UPDATES AND CHANGE LOG
v0.8.0 - 02-17-2019
- NEW! 8th character route finished! Exclusive to patrons! (Only up to chapter 4 in the free demo version for now)
- NEW! Chinese Simplified translation (Prologue)
- FIX! More bug fixes. New menu system in all versions.
- NEW! Starts in Windowed mode. Fullscreen/Windowed mode In-game Menu toggle.
- FIX! Plot hole fix!
- FIX! FF and Auto bug!
- FIX! special scene variable added
- FIX! Fireworks scene bug
- FIX! Black screen start bug on slow connections (online version only)
- FIX! Fullscreen toggle bug
v0.7.5 - 11-14-2018
- NEW! 8th character route started! Exclusive to patrons! (Only up to chapter 2 in the free demo version for now - unreleased) - FIX! Trying to fix iOS sound problems (online version only)
v0.7.0 - 08-16-2018
- FIX! More typos and scenario dialogues
- FIX! Draggable menu list, and sound bug
v0.7.0 - 08-02-2018
- NEW! 7th character route finished! Exclusive to patrons! (Only up to chapter 4 in the free demo version for now)
- FIX! More typos and scenario dialogues
- FIX! Sound cleaup - stop sound when faded to 0 volume. Might improve performance.
v0.6.5 - 05-30-2018
- FIX! Gender-related dialogue text transformations
- NEW! 7th character route started! Exclusive to patrons! (Only up to chapter 2 in the free demo version for now)
- NEW! Added gender feature options. This is a secret feature!
- NEW! Added gender-related interactions to scenes.
- FIX! Improved SE organization
- FIX! 6th character route's plot, added new dialog features to game
- FIX! Gallery and Omake scenarios now apply the last session's name, gender, and pronoun choices.
- NEW! M Version of the game!
- BUG FIX! Fixed up save game data (May not be compatible with earlier versions)
- M version can only load M save game data. Non-M version can load both, but if M save is loaded, it will act as if it's the M version until player goes back to the titlescreen.
- NEW! New Quick Start cheat code added for added convenience.
- BUG FIX! Sound test playback and missing BGM
- NEW! 6th character route finished! Exclusive to patrons! (Only up to chapter 4 in the free demo version for now)
- NEW! New animated characters added!
- NEW! Omake Scenario No.3
- NEW! Updated builds of desktop apps
- BUG FIX! Volume control button should now work!
- NEW! 6th character route opened! Exclusive to patrons! (Only up to chapter 2 in the free demo version for now)
- NEW! New animated character art for Genius and Ice Chefs
- BUG FIX! Animation speed breaks sync while using FF and Play buttons
- BUG FIX! Club and Multiplex area fix
- Download and unzip
- Run Executable (Ramen no Oujisama.exe or the .app file if you're on a Mac, nw if you're on Linux)
- Added in Fullscreen and Windowed Mode!4 days ago
- Ramen no Oujisama Updated to v0.8.0 02-05-201916 days ago
- RnO updated to v0.6.5 06-24-2018Jun 24, 2018
- Ramen no Oujisama (The Ramen Prince) v0.6.5 is Out!May 30, 2018
- Ramen no Oujisama MacOSX 10.9+ v0.6.0 Crash FixMar 24, 2018
- Ramen no Oujisama v0.6.0 03-16-2018 UpdateMar 16, 2018
- Ramen no Oujisama v0.6.0 03-16-2018Mar 16, 2018
- Ramen no Oujisama v0.6.0 03-08-2018 Critical Bug FixMar 15, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
when is the next update?
I have just come across this and thought what the heck. I like food, cooking and other things what are in the this game. I have played this online and got hooked by the storyline. This has a great story, keeps you guessing and not throwing the 18+ stuff at you straight away. I am wondering if there is still work being done to this.
Every time I finish a story and want to start another story line. Why does my previous load get replaced with the story I am currently playing?
When you finish a game a start a new one when it goes through the Credits Roll -> Titlescreen, you're starting something like a New Game+. Game data from the previous/current session is saved over.
Or are you talking about the first save slot being overwritten all the time? If so, this is because this is the Quick Save save slot, and the game periodically saves to this slot. There are 10 save game slots available. Just drag the list up and down to navigate.
So if I want to go back to a previous character how would I do that? Will that be via the gallery/omake?
You can load up an existing save game, or continue finishing up the current game, get through the end, and start a new game when it goes back to the titlescreen. The game is linear in this way.
Hello! When you load up a game data, it remembers where you are in the game. Now since we update the game often, sometimes we edit the scenario files. When this happens, the save position won't be where it's expected to be. This is why we don't recommend loading game data from a different or older version of the game. Does this answer your question? Other than that it's supposed to function as is. We can look into this just to be sure that the game data is saved and loaded properly.
Now there's something about the special scenes. I think I forgot about their data, so this means that when you save in the middle of a special scene, it might not remember the choices you made and you'll end up somewhere else in the special scene than expected. I'll definitely have to look into that one.
anyone know the secret code? Can't figure it out.
every part of this game is amazing holy shit
I used to play an older version decided to download the latest. It doesnt start and says this: Profile error occurred Something went wrong when opening your profile. Some features may be unavailable. and it gets stuck at NW.JS
Will there be another version that allows you to choose gender? Just saying.
wish you can reply me
oh sry is the alpha version is the fully version or is still not completely done?
hi, I want to ask do this game on Android got I completely version or is still in beta? And like you game, wich you got new to play
Hello! Oops! Forgot to login here ;). The version available here on Itch, Newgrounds, and GJ are the demo versions. The complete or latest is available for our patrons and can be had in our patreon page. Demo builds are also available there ;). For now, that version has complete character routes, plus added little bonuses like an Omake Scenario that's not available in the demo version.
The game itself isn't done yet, since we're on v0.5.5 right now.
I can't download anything
Hello! There are alternate links available in our patreon page ;). You can also try getting the builds from GameJolt.
Where's the girl on grl action, why no play as wohmen? But seriously, i should probably play the game before saying anything about it.
Hey BeerBrew, I just wanted to let you know of a bug I found while playing Mie's route. Happens in chapter 4 after starting the back alley scene:
Tried reloading the save and restarting the game like it recommends to but unfortunately it still comes up like this so just wanted to let you know about it incase its not just limited to my computer (playing the windows 64bit version I got from your Patreon). Other than that I had no over problems so far and am very much loving this game and can't wait for when the other routes come out to see what other fantastic stuff becomes available. :)
Think at the moment Tomone's route is definitely my favourite, love her so much!
Though when Ren pulls this face...
Hey bro! Thanks for letting us know about this! Yeah, I looked at it and it seems I forgot to update stuff to replace the old scene with the new one. Good catch! Will update all the demo builds later so you guys can enjoy this particular scene ;) ;)
@Ren - All I can give you now is this face... ; ) cuz when I ask Sharkie about it, he give me this :B lol
Thanks for playing the game and hope you continue to enjoy our stuff ;)
Game has been updated!
It's BeerBrew and... I haven't had much sleep yet. Just wanted to say that thanks to @dickmcscrotes 's bug complaint over at NewGrounds, we were able to finally catch the elusive loading-related bug that's been haunting the game for several weeks now. The online version of the game should be stable now especially when loading up save game files. With this bug, the game can randomly hang so speak. It rarely appears in our dev platform, and shite always hits the fan when we make it available as a web version. We will update the other builds later.
Can you guys give it a spin and see if anyone encounters any game-stopping errors like blackscreen hang, or any sort of hang or crash? Try progressing through a couple of routes, loading a couple of save games... And do use Google Chrome or Firefox (Firefox tends to complain more, so any hangs here will be useful to take note of.)
And the game's been updated to v0.3.5 if you've noticed ;)
Guys! Update incoming! We're looking at within the next few days, maybe within the week ;)
Best 1 hour I've spent on a visual novel.